Archive for the ‘Speaking’ Category
Take a ride in an Indy streetcar through the streets of Washington and meet Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon!
Effort raises awareness for high school dropout issue and promotes Fifth Annual Challenge Champions Gala hosted by National Guard Youth Foundation.
Gala will feature: Craig Morgan, country music superstar; NASCAR greats Dale Earnhardt, Jr. and Jeff Gordon; Indy 500 Champion Dan Wheldon; WWE Superstar ‘MVP’; Gen. Craig R. McKinley, Chief, National Guard Bureau; Kelly Perdew, winner The Apprentice; Karri Turner, JAG star
Gala will honor: Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels; Arkansas Senator Blanche Lincoln; Mississippi Congressman Gene Taylor; Oregon Adjutant General Major General Fred Rees; TriWest Healthcare Alliance CEO David J. McIntyre
WASHINGTON–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The National Guard Youth Foundation will host its fifth annual Challenge Champions Gala on Tuesday, February 23, 2010 at the J.W. Marriott Hotel. The Gala will honor supporters of the National Guard Youth Challenge Program, a 17-month voluntary intervention program established to provide high school dropouts a second chance. With a success rate exceeding 90%, Youth Challenge assists dropouts in completing a high school diploma or GED and allows them to continue on to higher education or gain productive employment.
Tuesday afternoon will find Indy 500 winner Dan Wheldon and other celebrities and military leaders at the J.W. Marriott for a ride in a street-legal Indy car. They will take a spin around the city in this special Indy car to raise awareness for the high school dropout epidemic in this country before performing at or attending the Foundation’s Fifth Annual Challenge Champions Gala.
Members of the media also welcome to take a ride in the Indy car – please make arrangements early.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Rides begin at 12 noon – 5:45 p.m.
J.W. Marriott Hotel
1331 Pennsylvania Ave., NW (Side Entrance)
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
I hope this note finds you well and that you are enjoying the early fall, especially the fantasy football season that is well underway and keeping us at RotoHog so busy these days.
Our last few months have again brought some tremendous news and unprecedented growth for our company, and we wanted to give you a quick update on what we are up to and what’s coming next. Even in this challenged economy, it is becoming clearer every day that fantasy gaming is a great outlet for both the ardent and casual sports fan, and we are very excited to help those gamers, and the media partners that are presenting those games on very large platforms, quench that thirst for quality play and information.
Some highlights of our recent activity include:
• Fantasy Football: We have launched our multi-sport game solution for Sporting News (http://www.sportingnews.com/fantasy/football), one of the largest fantasy gaming platforms in the industry, as well as football games for Los Angeles Times (http://football.latimes.com/), ProFootballWeekly (http://www.profootballweekly.rotohog.com/), Rallycast (https://www.rallycast.com/rallycast/index.jsp), Operation Sports (http://fantasy.operationsports.com/), and Military.com (http://football.military.com/scm/).
• NBA.com: We are currently building and deploying games as part of our continuing partnership with Turner Sports and the NBA, and will launch the third season of the NBA Stock Exchange game on NBA.com this coming week with some spectacular new features. (http://www.nba.com/fantasy/)
• Military.com Partnership: One of the most passionate groups for fantasy gaming is the US Military, and we have launched a new platform for the highly-trafficked website Military.com, starting with football and carrying into other sports and events. It is a great opportunity to give something back to a core audience that is particularly meaningful to me and which is passionate about the product and can get some real rewards out of the prizes that will be built into the competition.
• Financing: Even in this challenging economy we continue to find new investment dollars, which is the clearest proof of our viable business platform in this highly competitive space. This month we closed an additional $2 Million from Mission Ventures, which gives us even more bandwidth to grow as a brand.
• Media coverage: We were recently featured in the September issue of Entrepreneur Magazine. In case you missed it the link is: http://entrepreneur.com/magazine/entrepreneur/2009/september/203140.html
• Venture Industry: I am honored to be a keynote speaker at VentureNet (http://www.venturenet.org/) this year. The conference is always exciting, has sold out the last 10 years, and I recommend it for anyone raising money or starting a technology business in Southern California. Here is the code for a significant discount if you are interested in attending:
-Discounted rate: $99 ($100 savings off the non-member rate)
These are only a few of the latest developments and we will be implementing and announcing many more deals in the near future. We expect more partners and properties to be joining us in the fourth quarter and into 2010, as we grow market share and visibility as the best in class for developing and marketing innovative games for some of the biggest and most passionate players in the industry.
As always thanks for your time and interest, and if there is anything we can do to assist you or answer and questions, comments or opportunities please let me know.
I was asked to deliver the keynote for UCLA’s Entrepreneurship Week. It was a lot of fun and some great questions from the entrepreneurs in the crowd!
UCLA Anderson School of Management is excited to celebrate Entrepreneurship Week on the UCLA campus for the second time. The events weave together high profile entrepreneurs from different field for a cross-campus pollination of ideas, discussion and collaboration. ALL EVENTS FREE EXCEPT TCA “Fast Pitch Competition” on 2.24.09 and Greater China Business Conference on 2.27.09. RSVP’S close the day of the event or when tickets sell out. Parking available in lot 4 for $9.