Archive for July, 2009
Dear friends and colleagues,
We continue gaining momentum and I want to update you on the past month. We are growing and adding new partners as we approach what will be a record fall season of creation and activation for the team here. Also, thank you very much for those of you that reached out with business ideas, they were very useful!
Recent exciting developments since we last communicated include:
• Sporting News. We launched the fantasy football Salary Cap and Draft & Trade games on SportingNews.com, which is the first of many launches with one of the premier titles in sports publishing. Find the games here: Salary Cap and League Manager. The league manager draft application will include features never before seen in the fantasy space. Check it out.
• Fox Sports En Espanol. We launched our second-half baseball season with Fox Sports En Espanol, which follows on the heels of a very successful implementation of a fantasy game and Sports Market Ticker™ for their baseball coverage. Click here for the game. Fox secured an excellent sponsor for the game – Clamato.
• The Sports Network. We closed a large-scale deal with The Sports Network wherein TSN will work with RotoHog to provide data and news across multiple sports. This will ensure that RotoHog and its partners have the most accurate, up-to-date information within their fantasy games.
• Diskavontade. We closed a deal for RotoHog to power unique Brazilian Serie A and World Cup Pick ‘Em soccer games to Diskavontade, a company specializing in VOIP technology with emphasis on communications to and from Brazil. Diskavontade will use the game to attract and engage its network of agents, and to promote their products and features in an innovative fashion.
• FUHU. A partnership with FUHU, one of the world’s leading web application providers, to create and manage fantasy sports games and content for their uFooz portable ID cards. This will enable subscribers to share fantasy sports, photo sharing and other content across a host of social networking platforms. The games and applications will also be housed on uFooz.com and be available to millions of fantasy game fans worldwide. Create your own urFooz card here.
• AlwaysOn 250 Global Media Company Award. I am also very pleased to report that RotoHog was selected as a worldwide finalist by the industry group AlwaysON as one of their top 250 global media companies, and is one of the few sports entities to make the list. This is the latest in a series of acknowledgments that continues to show how quickly we are becoming a leader in the space, with a number of additional announcements and new partnerships coming in the fall. See list here.
• RotoHog Redesign. We upgraded the look and feel of RotoHog.com to highlight our platform capabilities. However, all of the games that you have enjoyed playing (and many more) will still be available on the site HERE.
The breadth of these relationships indicates the power and flexibility of the platform the team here has built. Despite the economic slowdown, the fantasy gaming space continues to grow, and we are very proud to be at the forefront of that growth with our applications, our unique games, the most scalable and flexible platform, and creative solutions for our business partners. Please let me know if you have any ideas for partners for all of our soccer offerings for next year!
As always, we want to thank you for your support and interest, and we hope to see you soon.
July 1, 2009
Dear Friends and Colleagues,
Approximately two months ago I sent along a first quarter “progress report” letter to keep everyone up to date with all the new developments at RotoHog, as we expanded our partnerships and secured the necessary additional funding we would need to take the business to a new level. At the end of the letter I mentioned that more good news was coming, and today I wanted to pass along the latest advances we have made in the business as we continue to make the company into the most innovative fantasy sports gaming developer for major brands and professional sports entities.
Our leadership position in this very competitive marketplace is expanding almost daily. Just in the last few weeks we have been able to announce:
• A landmark partnership with The Sporting News, where RotoHog will build, activate and market all online fantasy games for one of the most established online properties and storied names in sports and entertainment publishing. http://tinyurl.com/necqpo
• A partnership with Chris Russo and the folks at Fantasy Sports Ventures, the fastest-growing independent site on the web, to build games for FSV’s extensive list of sites and ever-evolving business partners, brands and sponsors. http://tinyurl.com/n2kkju
• A strategic partnership with online news and content provider Operation Sports to produce, manage and market their 2009 Stock Exchange Football Game. Operation Sports is a leading news and content provider focused on the sports video game industry with over 100,000 members. http://tinyurl.com/cszvzh
These new deals, in addition to our existing partnerships with the NBA, Turner Sports, FOX en Espanol, Pro Football Weekly, the AVP and others, give us the widest range of strategic partnerships to develop and build games in the industry today, and the best part is we are just beginning to establish our brand.
In the next few months we expect to continue to grow partnerships with additional media entities around the globe, as we shape RotoHog into the ultimate destination for brands who want to provide “best in class” and innovative gaming applications to their loyal subscribers ubiquitously on their sites, mobile, and social media channels.
Once again, we want to thank you for your support and interest, and as always, if there is anything we can help you with, please let us know.
And please come play our famous Stock Exchange Football Game here http://tinyurl.com/nhfw96.
President & CEO, RotoHog